Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A lot can happen in a YEAR!



My family and my award for National Alliance of Mentally Ill Young Advocate of the Year ~ San Diego






Speech for The International Bipolar Foundation and Book Signing



Speech for the Rancho Bernardo Rotary   




A year ago I went to my first event for my book.  It was for authors that published a book in San Diego.  They had all the books on display in the downtown San Diego Library.  I was so excited!  My book was going to be somewhere where people could actually look at it and my name would be kind of out there for the first time.  I made me nervous too.  There I would be telling the world that I have bipolar and how I am dealing with it.  As 2011 progressed I had no idea what was in store for me.  I ended up doing 15 speeches throughout San Diego, 2 NAMI walks, a book signing at the famous Warwicks Bookstore  in La Jolla,  a keynote speaker for Tri-City Medical Center, asked to be on the executive board of The International Bipolar Foundation, won the Young Advocate of the Year for The National Alliance of Mentally Ill, was on 2 different radio programs for the book, attended the Choice Awards in Hollywood, and then asked if I would like to have my own radio program on Blog Talk Radio.  It has been one amazing journey.  If someone asked me what did you like best about last year I would have to say it is incredible when someone comes up to you crying, hugging you, saying that my book saved their daughter's life.  That's it! That made my entire year.  
  
 So now off to my next challenge.  The Blog Talk Radio.  I have my first guest this weekend.  I read Natalie's book the past couple of days.  It took me a long time because I cried my way through it and it is hard for me to concentrate right now.  I loved it though.  Every page.  She is honest, connects with the readers in every way imaginable, and taught me so much of how difficult it is to have a drug addiction along with bipolar.  I have never understood drug addiction until reading this book.  If your loved one is addict along with bipolar I encourage you to read this book when it comes out in May.  I hope you all listen in on Saturday night!  I will put the link below.





Website: www.thethirdsunrise.com

Natalie Jeanne Champagne is the author of The Third Sunrise. At the age of twenty-six, after many years struggling with a diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder at the age of twelve, addictions and disordered eating, she walked the road less traveled and somehow found her way home. Natalie regularly contributes to mental health and addictions publications and is an advocate for mental health. She currently lives in British Columbia, Canada. The Third Sunrise is her first book.

I am so excited to share with all of you I will be interviewing Natalie Jeanne Champagne Feb. 4th on Blog Talk Radio. I will provide all the info and link so you can listen it! Incredible story she has to tell.

www.thethirdsunrise.com
The Third Sunrise - A book by Natalie Jeanne Champagne.



No comments:

Post a Comment