Friday, October 21, 2011

National Alliance of Mentally Ill San Diego Walk May

This was the first time I had ever been apart of a NAMI Walk.  It was a huge turn out.  About 2 thousands people plus showed up to walk the event.  It was such a neat experience to be able to have a booth there.  It was uplifting but yet sad all at the same time.  I would hear a great story of hope from a parent and then a sad one from someone else who had lost a loved one to mental illness.  I was not feeling well this day physically but I pushed through the event anyway.  I probably shouldn't have done the event with how sick I was.  I ended up getting bronchitis and laying in bed for 6 weeks to get well.  This showed me that while I would like to conquer everything I need to still take care of myself.  I have never  in my life been that sick.  This event led Tara and I to many contacts along with again helping so many families.   If you ever can be apart of a NAMI Walk do it once for everyone knows someone suffering with some kind of mental illness.  Do your part!  Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment