Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sometimes You need to Check OUT!



Sometimes You need to Check OUT!

I have not been writing since my daughter's school got out.  I have been pretty much checked out from my you tube, twitter, a little on facebook, just a few speeches,  took off from my radio show, and no blogging.  I needed a break from anything to do with mental health stuff.  I was tired of it.  It was getting to me.  Daily stuff all around me...of the words...depression, bipolar, mental, psychiatry, hospitals, ect.  I didn't want to think about any of it.  It was suffocating me.  So I went on a nice long vacation first to Tahoe with Matt and Allie and then later we went to Morro Bay.  My cell phone didn't work in most of those areas and my brain finally really did go quiet.  The need to save everyone died down and I was able to relax and take in my family and not think of anything to do with MENTAL HEALTH!  It was a much needed break.  During that time of rest I did get a call that put an electric charge back in my brain.  It was a charge that I could take and not stop meaning not sleep....which in turn get manic.  It was exciting news and news I am proud to say I didn't lose it.  I got a call from a real agent!  One that wanted to take my book and speaking talent to another level.  It was something I had been dreaming about this past year but didn't think it would actually truly happen.  Ellen Stiefler was very impressed with my book and knew it needed to get out there even more.  It needed to go big and she was the one to take it there.  I googled her of coarse right away and was taken back by her clients. 
Since June she has already come out with a second edition of Runaway Mind and it is already on amazon.  She has taken the stress off me and knows what needs to be done with this project.  She knows how to help large amounts of people that doesn't take lots of stress from my part.  It is very exciting indeed.  I am ready for fall to come, give lots of people hope...and I mean lots, and most of all stay myself and be there for my family 100%.  Hope everyone had a wonderful summer.  Remember it is okay to check out once in a while.  Take Care ~ Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment